Today was a good day.
1. My kids received good marks from their teacher (she assigns the weekly work which they complete at home).
2. While waiting for my son and husband to finish school, I got an hour to roam in an amazing home furnishings store in Carmel-by-the-Sea where I took plenty of pics to satiate my interiors fix (will post those soon).
3. I ordered my first Dyson. As undomesticated as I am, I'm excited for it to be delivered so that I can finally clean floors that haven't been vacuumed in almost 3 weeks. I'd normally not be as motivated to clean except my mother-in-law is visiting next week.
4. My mother-in-law is visiting next week!
5. My kids cleaned their hamsters' cages today, which made me proud. They're being responsible pet owners. Oh, did I mention they got hamsters the other day? One is gray and white, named Pepper. The other is white, named Salt. They're cute as heck (especially when they roll around in their exercise balls) but are really loud at night.
6. Tomorrow the kids and I are day-tripping to the San Fran area... I hope. I'm planning to meet Ulrica Wihlborg, a photographer I worship. She shoots everything from interiors to kids to lifestyle. Her work is just stunning, and she shoots film.
(the next 3 diptychs are by Ulrica)
(images by Ulrica Wihlborg)
Here are a couple of images that I took today. Not comparable to Ulrica's but I try.
by the way, this was my desktop earlier... I told you it was plenty. Much to share thanks to my weird obsession...
See you tomorrow.