1. I met Aviva, the fabulous face behind Aviva Photography. She's based in Okinawa, Japan and is on Oahu for the week visiting friends, sightseeing, and fitting in a photo session or two! I had the pleasure of watching her shoot a delightful family in Haleiwa last night. Hope to meet again, Aviva. May the Space A Gods work in your favor this week :)
2. I edited this image from my family session last week for the sole purpose of entering it into the I ♥ Faces "Feet Week" category, but goshdarnit I missed the deadline by one day. Bummer. My client requested this shot; how could I refuse shooting these tootsies?
3. Welcome to the cave, err, I mean my office. I went into Ross the other day and no matter how hard I try, I can't walk out of there without purchasing something. Fortunately, this time around I was on a mission to get something specific so that I could come home with an excuse for bags in hand. I picked up storage doo-dads that are cute, functional, and didn't break the bank. Love Ross (incidentally, I also get some props there. The home decor section is a gold mine).
This room is usually dark and HOT (ventilation is nil). Which explains the Vornado in the bottom left-hand corner. I broke out my flash & tested the magnificent Nikkor 14-24 for the wide shots (rented from Lighthaus Camera).
Props. This is about 50% of my collection.
this is totally staged! it's not as neat in the present.
various items that live in and around the office
....except for the lens. I had to return him :( . Oh, and the chocolates have been long gone.
4. The 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission to the moon was yesterday. Call me a nerd or a dreamer, but when I was a little girl, I always looked to the stars. I wanted to be an astronaut more than anything. I'm fairly sure I've passed the age requirement but at least I can pretend: Space Camp.
5. I have some big news to share soon (hopefully). I'll make an announcement when the time is right. Perhaps I'll do a giveaway... I'm feeling generous :c)